2024! How come is it here already? Oh, how I love the feeling of a new brand year starting! Do you feel the same?
I can’t keep myself from feeling a happy butterfly on the first day of the year. Usually, the sun is shining, the world is waking up slowly after ringing the new year and there is a feeling of newness and open opportunities all around us.
I just love it.
If this is not you today, let me inspire you:
- If you didn’t spend the last week resting and seizing the end of 2023 and the start of 2024, let me refer you back to my last blogpost, it will make you wonders to start.
- If you can, I would also recommend you take this week off, if that is not possible, just take a slower pace and find some solitude to recharge – sometimes just an hour blocked in your calendar to listen to some calm music or the silence is enough to feel refreshed.
- Make a list of things that you want to leave in the old year – if this is feeling difficult to come up with, start with creating a list of what is draining you right now (work stresses, exterior factors, bad sleep, expectations, your health…)
- Then jump to a list of things you would love to focus on in 2024 if you knew you could not fail, you can choose 1 or 10 goals here
- Make a pause and go for a walk outside, feel the sun or cold on your face, look at the other people in the street, feel the new year, or go into nature, that is even better – you will come back feeling like anything is possible
- Now look to the 12 months ahead, when are you committing to yourself to achieve the above goals?
- Are you already feeling the motivation?
- If all this fails: take the time off to rest, watch those movies and series that have been staying in your queue, invite friends over or go out with them, start the new year with your favorite activities, and have fun!
The start of a new year doesn’t have to be all new goals and go get it feelings, it can be just a recharge, getting into a slower pace start of an awesome new year.
Do you know that January is actually the perfect time to slow down and get inward? Contrary to every year, I will be sharing a lot about that on this blog this month. We will remind ourselves how is normal to feel sluggish, tired, and sometimes even grey during this time of year. Is winter after all. And I learned a good way with the Nordic on this last year. Let’s seize this time of year and…
Let’s start 2024 on the best, happiest, and centered version of ourselves. Happy 2024, everyone!